Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Okay, Okay... I'm back!

Well, I'm back. I realize it's been a couple of months.. but hey, life gets busy! :) But I promise you, you'll be seeing a lot more of me, as we start embarking on our purpose of this blog.. our journey to a child. Our first appointment with the new fertility doctor is on January 6th. They'll do a consultation, have our medical records from our previous fertility treatments and see what we need to do from there. Right now we are thinking of trying IUI first and seeing how that works out. It's a lot less expensive than IVF and not as 'invasive'. I am nervous, scared and excited all at the same time. Our experience with fertility treatments previously (and the doctor) were very disheartening & left me {I won't speak for my hubby} feeling like it was never going to be possible & as if having a child of our own would never be something we'd experience. 

After almost 4yrs {yes.. it's been that long} my heart, mind and body are ready to give it another try. We've never really "stopped" TTC (trying to conceive) but we haven't done anything fertility wise in that long. I know it's a very real possibility that we will be able to & I am not ready to give up just yet. It took me a very long time to realize that I am not the victim of PCOS. PCOS does not consume me and my life. It is merely a bump in the road. It may always be with me {and be quite the little bitch I might add} but some of the symptoms are treatable & I choose to let it be a very small part of who I am. It's frustrating & believe me, I have my days of "why the hell ME?" but I soon realize there are far more people in this world with more severe & heart breaking diseases than mine. I am a true believer that God has a plan for all of us. He leads us on a path of his choosing, not ours. I believe there is always a light at the end of everyone's tunnel, whether it be the light you want or not. Of course I want my light to be conceiving a child, experiencing pregnancy & child birth and having our own child, but that may not be "the plan" for us. And I am truly okay with that. {finally} I won't say it's been an easy road, but I am okay with it. I know there are other options & love the idea of adoption. My bank account may not, but I do! 

In my days of self pity & "this will never happen", I learned that even if we are not blessed with a child through conception and/or adoption, I am okay with that too. Although having a child is very high on my priority list, it {like PCOS} isn't ALL my life is about. I do have a great life. I have an amazing husband, who loves me unconditionally & supports me no matter what. I have an amazing family who does the same. I have friends who I love spending time & my life with. If having a child is not in the cards for us, we will still have a great life. I enjoy the time I spend with all of those in my life & there are so many opportunities to take advantage of. I do not dwell each day on my PCOS or my infertility. It's always there, but it is not the focus of my life. I have a life outside of my disease & it's full of wonderful people & happy memories. 

As I get ready to sign off, I'll give you a heads up on what YOU are about to embark on, if you choose to follow me & my journey. I don't usually hold back, I swear, I kind of bounce from one thing to another.. so don't be surprised if you see a post about something totally unrelated to my journey. This is also my journey of living with PCOS, so I will be posting random things at random times and will hope it all makes some sort of sense! :) I also know by exposing myself and my feeling/thoughts/emotions, some of you may have questions.. Ask away! Email me { dustierrodriguez@yahoo.com} or message me on Facebook. 

Toodles for now! 


4 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your journey! I love that you plan on having it be more than just about your journey! It is nice to learn more about other bloggers than just the sad stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie!! Hopefully I can help others with PCOS, if not, at least make them smile once in awhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And that "never let the things you want make you forget the things you have"! Gasp. I might have to steal that one ;) You have such a wonderful attitude, thank you! I know this journey is one of the hardest things we'll go through, but my motto lately is to find joy in the journey. Anyway, wish you the best and I can't wait to follow your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ang! Glad you're on my journey with me!! :) I'll admit I'm not always a positive person, but I try to be! Having the groups I'm in on Facebook & people like you make it easier for sure :)

    ReplyDelete