Friday, October 11, 2013

Metformin Tummy

If you've ever been on Metformin, you know what I mean by 'Metformin Tummy'.. UGH. {I have started to refer to it as MF. It's not only an abbreviation for it, but is exactly how I feel about taking it} I've started mine again, and I hate the first week, as my system is getting used to it. One interesting thing I have learned, through my mom having to take it for her diabetes, is that it truly depends on what type of MF you take. Ever noticed how your MF smells? {I know it's an oddball question, but really.. go smell it & see} Mine smells like fish. That's because of the fillers they use to manufacture it. MF is the generic for Glucophage... Actual Glucophage doesn't smell fishy and as my mom has learned, does not cause (her) the stomach problems that MF does. 

Yes, it's more expensive, but if you can afford it.. It is WELL worth the money. As of now, I am not one of those lucky ones, so until I am, I'll suffer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment